Monday, January 3, 2011

getting my ass kicked



Went to my first cycling class....WTF was I thinking?!?!


Oh...I know!  I needed some new way of torturing myself....especially since McDonald's has been banned from my existence....at least until after 04/16/2011.


10 minutes into it & I was ready to start walking the stationary bike...and class hadn't even started!


::note to self::  when arriving early, put belongings on the bike....NOT body....as a place holder!!


So after the warm-up we started the "hills."  Since this was the first class of the year, she wanted to re-focus on getting to know our bodies and what it is telling us at different levels.  She likes the talk test...


being able to have a conversation with the person next to you....need more resistance


being able to say a short sentence to the person next you....getting warmer


being able to smile at the person next to you & not pass out....you're at the top of the hill baby!


About 15 minutes into the hill intervals my fingers started getting tingly.  Familiar sensation since that happens when I ride my bike.


A few more minutes & my feet started getting that tingly sensation....just before I think they went numb.


Don't even get me started on the seated area!!


Every time I started to notice how much it fucking hurt, I would ask myself "what hurts worse?  being uncomfortable for a few minutes....or all the time from carrying around the weight."


There were a few times I almost got my fat butt off the bike.  But then the trainer & the people around me were so encouraging.  So I continued to peddle at my own pace.


At one point I thought I had left my body....then just realized that she had put a Pink Floyd track on.


I made it through the entire 60 minute class.  And I didn't throw up.  Although there were a few minutes that were slightly reminiscent of my 4-hour karate belt test.  I kept thinking about how I was high for days after that & continued to peddle :)

3 comments: